Looking for new ways to see your financial data? Lists in Sage Intacct give users an easy way to view records, transactions, and other information. While most lists are displayed using columns that sort information alphanumerically, there are lots of ways to sort, filter, and view the items you care about most. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your lists in Sage Intacct.
Filter Lists to Find What You’re Looking for Faster
When it comes to filtering lists in Sage Intacct, you have two basic options:
- Filter Based on a Specific Value
- In the text field above the column that contains the value, enter the first part of the value. For example, if the value begins with “San” type San to include records with a value for this column of San Jose, San Francisco, Santa Fe, and so on.
- Enter % and then a portion of the value to view all items containing that portion of the value. For example, if you wanted to search for all June summaries, you would enter %June in the field at the top of the Summary column.
- Click Go beside the field and the system will display the line items that match the text you entered.
- Use Advanced Filters To Apply Standard Operators to Columns
- Go to the list screen that you’d like to apply to filter
- Click Advanced filters
- Select the appropriate Column
- Under Operator, select a standard operator (equals, less than, greater than, etc.)
- Under Value, enter a specific value for the column (one per filter row)
- Add your criteria for a specific list view
- Click Apply in the Advanced Filters box
For more information about setting and saving filters you use consistently, check out Manage Custom List Views.
Use Custom Views to Display Your Lists
In Sage Intacct, a View refers to the way a list is arranged, filtered, and sorted. While the system provides standard views for displaying list items, you also have the flexibility to create your own custom views. Here’s are a few ways to make it happen.
- Filter for Recent Records
- Click the down arrow near the View menu
- Click Recently Viewed, Recently Modified, or All Recently Modified
- Return to a view of all records by clicking the down arrow again and selecting All
- Add a Custom View (Based on an Existing View)
- Under View, select the view you want to use as a base
- Under Manage views, click Save View As
- In View Name, type a unique name
- Click Save
- Add a New Custom View
- Under Manage views, click Create New View
- Follow the wizard steps to set up the view
- Edit a Custom View
- Under View, select the custom view
- Under Manage views, click Edit
- Delete a Custom View
- Go to Customization Services
- Click Custom Views
- Locate the row with the view you want to delete and click Delete
Easily Export and Print Your Lists
Need to print a list of a standard or custom view? Looking to export a list to an external application file like Word, PDF, CSV, or Excel? Sage Intacct makes it easy.
- Export a List
- Click Export at the top of the screen
- Select the file type
- Print a List
- In the list screen, click the Export button or CSV link
- Print the file using the external application’s Print feature
Want more insights into Sage Intacct best practices? The experts at ACI Consulting are here to support you and your team. Get in touch whenever you’re ready.