Brought to you by ACI Consulting doc-link™ software is a document management system that works with your business system to successfully remove paper from your office.
- Record, process, retrieve, and research document transactions from your desktop. Increase productivity while improving communication to customers, vendors, and employees.
- Connect with off-site locations and business partners by automating the exchange and processing of data.
- Process incoming documents and reduce data input.
- Find, modify, and distribute your transactions to recipients in several different formats.
Why Document Management?
From a financial and environmental perspective, the cost of processing, handling, and storing paper documents in the workplace is astonishing. The improper storage or loss of important documents can devastate a business. The statistics below speak to the impact that paper has on companies and why many are moving to an electronic paper management system such as doc-link.
Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
- 90% of critical business information exists only on paper.
- 90% of documents that are used daily are handled without the appropriate management.
- 70% of businesses would fail within three weeks if they suffered a catastrophic loss of paper-based records due to fire or flood. -Coopers & Lybrand
Cost Savings/Productivity Enhancement
- 1 in 4 businesses will suffer a catastrophic loss. -U.S. department of labor
- Professionals spend 50% of their time searching for information and average 18 minutes to locate each document. -Gartner Research
- $14,000 worth of productivity is lost per employee each year because of their inability to find the data they require to do their job. -IDC Canada
- 90% of typical office tasks still revolve around the gathering and distribution of paper documents.
- 15% of all papers are lost and 30% of our time is used trying to find these lost documents.
- On average, businesses spend $25,000 to fill a typical four-drawer file cabinet and $2,000 to maintain it each year.
- Over its life span, a single sheet of paper ends up costing an average of $30. -Delphi Group
- US companies spend approximately $20 on labor costs in order to file a document, $120 on the labor required to find a misfiled document and $220 to reproduce a lost document.
- For companies that manage their own files, employees spend between 20-40% of their time searching for said files.
- When a document is lost, companies pay 6 times the original value of the document in searching for it.
- If a document needs to be reproduced, it will cost the company 11 times more than the cost of the original document.
- 7% of all generated documents are lost.
- The average document is copied 19 times. -Coopers & Lybrand
- Up to 20% of documents are misfiled; thus they are lost forever. -ARMA International
- Each day one billion photocopies are made. -AIIM, Forrester, Star Securities, US Department of Labor
Environmental/Social Responsibility – Go Green!
- An average American office worker uses 1 sheet of paper approximately every 12 minutes and is responsible for the disposal of 100-200 pounds of paper annually. -Hawken, Lovins & Lovins. Natural Capitalism.
- Among U.S. manufacturing industries, the paper industry is the 4th largest contributor to greenhouse gas emissions.
- If each office in the U.S. reduced paper usage by just 10%, it would prevent the emission of 1.6 million tons of greenhouse gasses—the equivalent of removing 280,000 cars from the road. -Environmental Paper Network
Connect With ACI